1 (Bertrand Model with sequential move) Consider a Bertrand duopoly model with two firms, Fi and Fa selling two varieties of a product. The demand curve for Fi’s product is 91 (pi,P2) = 10-Pl + 0.5p2: and the demand for F’s product is where p is the price charged by F). Both firms have a constant marginal cost of (a) Write down the profits of F1 and F2 as a function of prices P1 and P2. You have b) Derive the reaction functions for Fi and Fo. [You have done it before in problem production equal to 0. Suppose the firms compete in prices. done it before in problem set 2 set 2 (c) Suppose Fi is the market leader and F2 is the follower. That is, Fi first sets its price pi, and observing Fi’s price F2 sets its price p2. Using the backward induc tion method, find the pair of prices (pi.P) that constitutes the Nash Equilibrium of this game. d) Find the profits earned by the two firms in equilibrium. Which firm earns more, the leader or the follower? Explain the economic intuition behind your finding. PROBLEM SET e) Look at your solutions to problem set 2, and write down the profits the two firms make when they set their prices simultaneously. Compare these profits with the profits calculated in part (d) above. Does the leader firm makes more profit than what it was making when firms moved simultaneously? Why or why not?
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health