American society has moved from a relatively simple rural life with homogenous and fixed values (over 95% identified as Christians in the 1950s vs. 75% today) to a highly involved, complex urban communities where a sense of common identification or values is difficult to find yet all groups wish to be counted and are increasingly vocal in this Information Age. Police decision-making used to be far less complicated by these issues, when commonly held Christian values were the standard and norm. With increasing fragmentation in community values, police are often left with the paradox of being darned if they do, and darned if they dont.Write an essay of 1,000-1,250 words highlighting the changing role of the police in the U.S. Include the following:Explain what kind of approach the distinctiveness theory is, and how the growing U.S. immigrant population has complicated the roles of local police officers.Find an example from the news that highlights a conflict of police roles and the publics expectations; summarize the content.Is it reasonable to expect local police to accommodateallcultural diversities? Explain.Finally, how can officers be culturally sensitive but also on alert for potential homeland security issues in our post-9-11 era of law enforcement?Be sure to cite three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources found at the GCU Library, government websites or those provided in Resources.Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Resources if you need assistance.
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health