What should be the relationship between schools and society? The author and activist James Baldwin once said, in a talk given to a group of teachers, that one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at that point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society if you think of yourself as an educated person. Do you agree with Baldwin? Is it the primary responsibility of teachers and schools to transmit cultural values to students or to encourage students to question those values in an effort to improve society? Should teachers be prepared to teach in the schools we have or the schools we wish we had? You may wish to answer this from several perspectives: as a potential teacher, as a future parent, or simply as an informed member of a local community. 700-1000 words
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health