Autism Intervention Review Instructions
Being able to identify, critically review and appropriately apply evidenc-based interventions is a critical aspect of special education. For this assignment, you will practice this review process. You are to select 1 intervention from the Autism Interventions document and complete a critical review of the strengths and weaknesses of the intervention and its generalized value to children or adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This review must include the following:
- An introduction that outlines your personal philosophy of education and alignment with your selected intervention.
- A description of the intervention, including strengths and weaknesses with references to support;
- A critical review of the perceived effectiveness of the intervention with references to support the evaluation of effectiveness. Address if this intervention is considered to be scientifically-based practice, a promising practice, or supported with limited research practice;
- A specific profile of a child with ASD who might respond best to this intervention with an explanation of why.
- 5–8 questions you would pose to help families and other team members decide or whether or not this intervention method is appropriate for a child with ASD;
- A personal reflection response to your review discussing your personal opinion and beliefs about this intervention.
The Intervention Review assignment must be between 5–8 pages, including introductory and closing paragraphs. Additionally a title page and reference page must be included which will not be counted towards the 5–8-page length requirement. You must cite at least 6 references. Two of these references must be the course textbook and the Bible. Additional references may include other texts on autism or peer-reviewed articles. References should be in current APA format.
Submit this assignment via SafeAssign in Blackboard by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.