B. Parent names for hydrocarbons, referring to the longest continuous C-chain…know these. Keep in mind that the longest continuous chain might go around a corner! # C 2 3 4 #TITITITI Parent name meth- eth- prop- but- pent- hex- hept- oct- non- dec- 8 9 10 4. Procedure for writing formula from name: i. Write the parent alkane ii. Write substituent groups iii. Place substituent groups on appropriate carbon number iv. Make sure that you remove one H on both the connecting carbon of the group and the carbon on the parent alkane Hydrocarbon nomenclature practice Remember that the longest continuous chain might actually wrap around a comer! 1. Name the following organic compounds. b) CH CH SH-CH:–CH-CH-CH, .CH,CH2CH2CHCH -CH-CH, CH-CH2-CH CH d) .CH,CH CHCH,CH, CHE CH CH2 CH,CHCHCH CHz–CH CH3-CH-CH-CH CH-CH-CH CH CH3 CH3 g) chc—CHCH Сн, 2. Write formulas (condensed and line/angle) for the following organic compounds. a. 4-methyldecane b. 2,2,3-trimethylpentane c. 2,2-dimethylbutane d. 2,4-dimethly-2-pentene e. 3-ethyl-2-methlyhexane f. 7,7-diethyl-3-nonyne g. 5-methyl-1-heptene 3. Sketch the following organic functional groups (use the format R — “functional group”) a. ketone b. acid c. ether d. alcohol
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health