Consider a simplified model of a triply ionized beryllium-9 atom (Be^1+): four protons plus five neutrons in the atom’s nucleus, “orbited” by just one electron at a constant distance of 4.50 times 10^-12 m. You can solve (a) & (b) in either order. Label your work clearly: a. What is the strength (magnitude) of the attractive electric force between the nucleus and the electron? Show your work. b. What is the magnitude of the electric field at the electron’s location? Is its direction toward or away from the nucleus? Show your work. c. What is the strength (magnitude) of the attractive gravitational force between the nucleus and the electron? (Recall: F_o = G m_1 m_2/r^2) Show your work. d. For this particular nucleus and orbiting electron, how many times stronger is the electric force in part (a) than the gravitational force in part (c)? Divide and find out: (You do NOT need to show your work.) F_F/F_G Thought question (nor for credit): When chemists deal with the interaction forces between atoms, is it valid for them to consider only electrical forces (ionic bonds, hydrogen bonds, dipole interactions, van der Waals forces, etc.) while ignoring gravitational forces?
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health