Consider the local telephone company, a natural monopoly. The following graph shows the demand curve for phone services, the company’s marginal revenue curve (labeled MR), Its marginal cost curve (labeled MC), and its average total cost curve (labeled ATC). You can hover over the points on the graph to see their exact coordinates. PRICE (Dollars per month) 200 180 ATC 160 140 120 100 Demand 80 60 40 MC 20 MR – 0 6 12 18 24 30 36 42 48 54 60 QUANTITY (Thousands of households per monthl Assume no government regulation. If the natural monopoly provides the profit-maximizing output, it will provide phone services to households per month at a price of and earn a profit of per month. Suppose that the government forces the monopolist to set the price equal to marginal cost. In the short run, under a marginal-cost pricing regulation, the monopolist will provide phone services to households per month at a price of Under the marginal-cost pricing regulation, the firm will experience: A positive profit O An economic loss A profit of zero Suppose that the government forces the natural monopoly to set its price equal to average cost. Under an average-cost pricing policy, the monopolist would provide phone services to households per month at a price of and earn a profit of per month Under average-cost pricing, the government will raise the price of output whenever a firm’s costs increase and lower the price whenever a firm’s costs decrease. Over time, under the average cost pricing policy, the local telephone company will most likely: Work to decrease its costs Not work to decrease its costs
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health