Investigate and modify workplace visual media communication to enhance efficiency in completing tasks.
Read the article What can we learn from Tropicana? and prepare a 2-3 page case study analysis using the questions below to explore this failed product design.
- Describe Tropicana’s possible reasoning for the initial package redesign?
- Describe three main visual reference elements that were changed in the package redesign? How did these changes impact the brand’s familiarity?
- What visual elements, if any, did Tropicana keep consistent in their package redesign? Why is this important?
- If you were hired today as the design agency to plan a package redesign for Tropicana, how would you implement the package redesign differently than was done in this case? Use full rationale and detail in your response.
- When planning for a product package redesign, what other visual media components associated with the brand also need to addressed to ensure there is a cohesive visual recognition of the brand?
Young, S., & Ciummo, V. (2009). Managing risk in a package redesign: What can we learn from Tropicana? BrandPackaging, 13(7), 18-21.
link to reading: https://www-proquest-com.ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/docview/208913353/fulltextPDF/C9152710E6CF413FPQ/1?accountid=40836