Discussion Question:You have a patient who only has Medicare Part A and B. She has limited income most of which is used to pay for Medicare Part B. She is in dire need of placement into a nursing home as she can no longer care for herself at home. You gleaned from your reading that long-term care needed by low-income elderly people is paid by Medicaid, and you feel your patient meets the criteria. What are the steps you would take to advocate for your patient while she is still in the acute care setting? Who are some of the other health care professionals you would collaborate with to ensure your patient receives the additional healthcare coverage she needs? Analyze the role Medicaid plays in supporting long-term care for the elderly and disabled.Assignment:Signature Assignment: Medicare and MedicaidConsider how people qualify to receive Medicare and/or Medicaid and write a paper that addresses the bullets below. There should be four (4) sections in your paper; one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear brief heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Start your paper with an introduction and include a Conclusion section that summarizes all topics. This paper should consist of at least 1750 words and no more than 2000.This week reflect upon the Medicare and Medicaid programs to address the following:Describe the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) and explain how the QIO improves policies and healthcare for Medicare beneficiaries.Briefly define the qualifications for Medicare and Medicaid benefits. How can qualifications be modified to serve more people who are considered a vulnerable population?Discuss the impact (including at least two positive and two negative aspects) that the ACA has had on benefits and coverage for Medicare and Medicaid recipients.Describe your role(s) as a healthcare leader as it applies to the practice of advocating for cost effective care for vulnerable populations.Assignment ExpectationsLength: 1750-2000 words in lengthStructure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
- Addictions: drug, gambling, smoking, drinking, etc.
- The purpose of this assignment is to identify your target customer, create a graphical document to introduce your product or service to potential consumers, build customer interest, and encourage customer engagement
- Choose one of the following topics: • What personal goal or achievement are you most proud of? Share the story of the moment you reached that goal. • What one event brought you closer to your family? Describe that day. • Was there an event in your life where you made a mistake or misjudged a situation? Describe how the event occurred and what you learned from it.
- • Identify a major purchase or event in your life such as buying a car, selecting a college, completing a Do-It-Yourself project, creating a project at work, purchasing appliances, or planning an event. • Reflect on the steps you went through when researching a major purchase or planning for an event. In your reflection,
- What are the differences between individual and population health disparities? What makes a population vulnerable? Discuss how each vulnerable population discussed in Chapter 3 experiences health disparities. Include how health policies and the culture of the United States shapes and influences these disparities.:Social Justice and Advocacy in Nursing Unit 6 : Social Justice and Advocacy in Population Health