- Week 3 discussion
- To Receive Discussion Board Credit this Week:
- Identify what Factoring Type, A – E, will be used to Factor each of the given Polynomials #’s 1-5 below:
. Remove the GCF
A. Easy Trinomial,
B. Factor By Grouping,
C. Difference of Two Squares,
D. Double Trouble Trial and Error
- Explain how to factor EACH polynomial using complete sentences illustrating your understanding.
- Example: The polynomial is an Easy Trinomial.
- The factors of -48 that add to give me -2 would be 6 and -8.
- Since trinomials factor into 2 binomials the factored form would be (m+6)(m-8)
- Use the Factoring Flow Chart posted in week 3 to help you.
1. 25×4 – 9
2. 9xy + 12yz – 3y
3. x3 + x2 – 4x – 4
4. x2 – 6x + 8
5. 3×2 + 11x + 6